Today we’ve lined up two spots that Network Affiliates has produced for our clients. We’d like you to take a look at these and then jot down a two-column list of what elements were effective and ineffective in these commercials.
As you watch the videos, consider the following questions:
- What was my gut reaction? Did I feel the message was amateur, cheesy, condescending, complex, etc.?
- How clear was the overall message?
- Could I remember the name or phone number of the law firm?
- What sounds and images stuck in my mind the most?
- What were a few things that made certain firms stand out from the rest?
Brown & Crouppen Spot:
Here’s our take:
“I think the biggest thing missing from [typical legal ads] is a story. Most are centered around the lawyer or law firm: how good they are, their experience, the results they get, their awards. Rarely do legal ads engage viewers with emotion and storytelling. . . Of course the law firm is the answer, but we don’t spend 30 seconds saying that. There are enough lawyers talking to the camera, standing in front of bookcases. What resonates and becomes memorable are commercials that engage the viewer on an emotional level.”
– Jeff Feierstein, Vice President Production Services for Network Affiliates.